Living Well - Quality of Life
In this section, you will find information about living well and improving your quality of life. Topics include:
- Tips and strategies for daily living
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Adapting leisure interests to meet new abilities
- Using assistive technology to remain independent
- Strategies for living alone
- How to meet others affected by dementia
- Becoming a peer mentor or advocate
- Being supported in the workplace
- Managing behaviours and triggers related to dementia
Each topic contains frequently asked questions and answers. If you are looking for more information on a certain topic, you will be able to access helpful links and websites within and at the end of each section.
Having a diagnosis of dementia, or caring for somebody who does is a big adjustment. However, it is still possible to maintain your quality of life and live well with dementia. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle, such as physical and mental activity, proper nutrition and other healthy choices can improve your quality of life and can enhance your ability to manage the changes you are experiencing.